If this sounds like you are ready to apply for the RedR Australia roster of senior humanitarian professionals, please see an overview of our criteria and recruitment process below.
Who we look to recruit
To be eligible for the roster, candidates must demonstrate:
• Minimum five years professional experience in a technical skill profile listed on our skills list.
• At least one year international humanitarian experience. Experience working in a rural, remote or complex operational setting in the development space may also be considered;
• Strong emotional intelligence, resilience, flexibility and an ability to cope with changing circumstances;
• Good cultural competency skills, with the ability to create a culturally safe working environment;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Professionalism, commitment, compassion and respect.
The RedR Australia roster is open to both Australian and international applicants. RedR Australia is committed to represent the strength of diversity within our global community and apply special measures to foster greater equality by supporting groups of people who face, or have faced, entrenched discrimination so they can have fair access to opportunities as others in the community. Our recruitment team have participated in inclusion training and are happy to discuss your individual circumstance if you do not completely meet the required years of experience outlined in the criteria above.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply. Individuals living with a disability are also encouraged to apply. Our RedR Australia Inclusion can discuss additional support that may be offered: [email protected].
Kindly note that due to recent high demand for the roster, applications for the roster are currently paused whilst our team works on processing current applications as quickly as possible. Please check back here soon for an update on when the roster will be open again.
Application process for the roster
We are a small team of recruiters at RedR Australia and aim to make our recruitment process as streamlined as possible for our candidates. Recruitment process is listed below:
1. Submit online application, including an up to date CV
2. TA team assesses CV and shortlisted candidates are invited for interview
3. Online interview assessing technical and soft skill is completed
4. Compliance checks are completed including reference checks, criminal history checks, policy adherence and counter terrorism checks
5. Welcome to the roster – congratulations!